Submit a complaint

Use this form to make a complaint to the department about a regulated building service or a home building work contract.

Using this form

Due to COVID-19, Building and Energy is unable to receive building service or home building work contract complaints lodged in person or by post. All complaints must be lodged using this online complaint form until further notice. 

To submit your complaint online using this form you may need electronic copies of:

  • the Notice of Proposed Complaint;
  • proof of service of the Notice of Proposed Complaint;
  • contracts and invoices;
  • building permits (if any); and
  • correspondence or documentation relevant to your complaint